How to replace oil filter housing on 2006 Cadillac DTS 4.6L
Does your Cadillac have oil leaks?
1) Remove lower splash shield push pins
2) Unplug wire connector from oil pressure sending unit
3) Remove oil filter with oil filter wrench
5) Remove oil filter housing bolts with 3/8 drive ratchet, 13mm swivel style socket with 12" 3/8 extension
6) Clean oil filter housing to engine block surface with brake cleaner and a shop towel. remove any gasket material left over.
7) Insta11 oil filter housing assembly in reverse order. Torque housing bolts to 16 newton meters if a torque wrench is available. If not tighten down hand tight.
Note new part is dealer only and comes with new oil pressure sending unit and gaskets.
Tools required for the repair of oil filter housing on a 2006 Cadillac DTS 4.6L
13mm swivel socket or similar
oil filter wrench
Diagonal pliers to remove body clips
3/8 inch ratchet